NABCJ Board Members
Rhonda DeLosSantos - President
Immediate Past President: Terri McGee
Vice President: Annette Beard
Secretary: Chasity Anderson
Asst. Secretary: Rose Brown
Treasurer: Sophia Robinson
Asst. Treasurer: Hazel Willis
Parliamentarian: Kenneth Moss
Pen Or Pencil National Site Coordinator: Sophia Robinson
Terri McGee: National Vice President
Keith Branch: National Legal Advisor
Rose Brown: National Registration Chair
Annette Beard: National Conference Workshop Chair
Presidents from 1995 to Current
- Ivy Anderson, Rose Brown, Sam Smith, Mike Ward and currently Terri McGee
- Hosted a luncheon when we honored Three Women of Distinction
- Established the Jackson-Thompson Scholarship fund in 2001
- Awarded a $1000 scholarship to recipient Drajenlia Porter from a local high school.
- Hosted a summit with Police Chief Harold Hurt and the Chief Adult and Juvenile Probation Officers.
- Adopted Independent Heights Assisted Living Center – Donated a flat screen television and DVD player. Also had a popcorn and movie night with the residents.
- Hosted a gospel musical fundraiser where several choirs had a sing off at Mt. Horeb Baptist Church.
- Adopted a juvenile adolescent treatment and donated stuffed animals and toys for Christmas.
- Worked annually with the Hunger Network to feed the Seniors.
- Annually Adopted two needy families for Christmas 2003 and clothed the children and provided toys.
The Houston Chapter reorganized in October, 2008 and elected new Officers and Committee Chairs.
We held a one day Community Forum and Workshop in November, 2008 where many of the cities leaders attended and gave powerful words of encouragement.
We attended the Independent Heights Assisted Living Center X-mas Party. We donated a Wii game donated socks for Seniors at their request.
Black history month
Terri Mcgee, Sophia Robinson and Kimberly Vaults(Vice-President) attended the Good Hope Missionary Baptist Church and watched one of their powerful Black History plays which they performed each weekend in February, 2009.
One of our own (Keith Branch) was the guess speaker at the Leadership Conference that was sponsored by the Austin, Texas Chapter in March, 2009.
With the announcement of the New Chapter in Texas (Greater Fort Hood ) a small group from the Houston Chapter went to Killeen, Texas on April 25, 2009 to show our support at their Officer’s swearing in ceremony and their garage sale fundraiser. That group included Terri Mcgee (President), Rose Brown (secretary) Julian Haigood(Parliamentarian) Linnea Harris (Membership Chair) Sophia Robinson( Finance) and Keith Branch.
Sophia Robinson and Rhonda Delossantos (Finance) assisted the PTO President Hazel Willis (Finance Chair) serve breakfast for the Senior students at Reagan High School on May 27, 2009.
Rose Brown, Annette Beard(Scholarship Chair) and Renelda Roberson attended the Ft Worth Chapter’s 25th Anniversary and Scholarship Fundraiser held on May 27, 2009. At this celebration, long time NABCJ pioneer Carl Fretwell was honored.
Chapter members Julian Haigood, Annette Beard, Rhonda Delossantos, Terri Mcgee and Sophia Robinson hosted a popcorn and drink night at the Independent Heights Assisted Living Center in September 1, 2009. We also gave out socks which were truly appreciated.
On October 24, 2009 the Houston Delegation of Rose Brown, Sophia Robinson, Terri Mcgee, Annette Beard Linnea Harris, Julian Haigood and Pam Boveland hosted a walk-a-thon to raise money for our annual scholarship fund. We netted $500.00 towards our goal of $1000.00.
We are in the process of redeveloping Student Chapters and Texas Southern University is our primary focus.
We have also teamed up with Big Brothers and Sisters to do a mentoring project in conjunction with the National Office Initiatives.
PO Box 328872
“Our destiny is largely in our own hands. If we find, we shall have to seek. If we succeed in the race of life it must be by our own energies, and our own exertions. Others may clear the road, but we must go forward, or be left behind in the race of life.” Frederick Douglass